National HIV Testing Day is an annual observance to promote HIV testing and awareness. This is a good time for you to get tested and get involved. Take the test, take control.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Of the 1.1 Million people living with HIV/AIDS in the United States, 18% do not know they are infected with HIV.
• 54% of adults in the United States have never been tested for HIV.
• There are about 50,000 new HIV infections in the United States every year.
On Thursday, June 27th 2013 the Douglas County AIDS Project will be providing cookies and snacks in our main lobby as well as FREE rapid HIV testing from 10:00AM – 6:00PM. It’s fast and easy – only takes 20 minutes!
Where: Douglas County AIDS Project, 346 Maine St. #160
When: Thursday, June 27th
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
DCAP also provides free rapid HIV testing Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
Ways to take action in response to HIV/AIDS:
• Get tested for HIV
• Practice safer methods to prevent HIV
• Talk about HIV prevention with family, friends, and colleagues
• Provide support to people living with HIV/AIDS
• Get involved with DCAP
Please contact DCAP for more information: 843-0040 or visit: www.douglascountyaidsproject.org – See more at: http://kjhk.org/web/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_entries&view=entry&id=30&lid=133867&filter=&paged=1&pos=1#sthash.wEMMt1wL.dpuf