KJHK’s 2015 Farmers’ Ball – April 18th and 25th, 2015 – Enter Here:
Submissions are open February 2 - March 5....check back soon!
A reminder about announcement dates, show dates, and glory:
- All eligible bands and artists must submit their music via this online form by March 5, 2015.
- KJHK and SUA’s staff will listen and review all submissions, and narrow the field down to 16 acts selected for the preliminary online voting round.
- Names of the 16 selected will be announced on Monday, March 23, 2015.
- Online audience voting for the online voting round will be unveiled on Monday, March 23rd at noon.
- Online audience voting will be tracked and weighted accordingly along with staff voting to narrow down the field to 8 semi-finalists.
- The 8 semi-finalists for the live Round 1 of Farmers’ Ball will be announced on Monday, April 6th, 2015. This will give the selected 8 bands just two weeks to get their fans to turn out to the live semi-finals show on Saturday, April 18, 2015 at The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS.
- Based on audience and judges’ voting during the semi-finals show, 4 finalists will advance to the Farmers’ Ball Finals on Saturday, April 25, 2015 at The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS.
- Based on audience voting during the Farmers’ Ball Finals, a winner will be announced that night.
- Prizes for winners* at Farmers’ Ball on Saturday, April 25:
- 1st PLACE: $2,000.00
- 2nd PLACE: $1,000.00
- 3rd PLACE: $500.00
- 4th PLACE: $250.00
*Prizes will be distributed within two weeks of the final Farmers’ Ball event and all appropriate tax information must be supplied by winners to KJHK and SUA.
It’s going to be an epic event, and competition will be tough this year. Thanks for taking the time to submit to KJHK and SUA, and watch for more information soon! Still got questions? Please email email@example.com. Thanks!
Best of luck,
Your friends at KJHK 90.7 FM and Student Union Activities